Sunday, June 05, 2016

Afternoon Tea

Donna invited me to the Golden Anniversary Tea of her Sisterhood of Temple Sholom,  Women of Reform Judaism.   It was really very lovely and I can't remember when I last had real tea sandwiches like cucumber,  lox,  egg, and scones and cream and jam along with every type of fruit and pastry....wow!  It was great to see Linda as well and to meet Donna's friends.   And we were treated to classical guitar  by Matthew Silverman while we feasted.

And it was fun to meet some of the people I met at Donna and Neil's wedding 44 years ago like the flower girl who was 12 years old at the time!

I also learned how much good work the Sisterhood does.  I was very impressed and also learned that the congregation is around 750 strong.   This is certainly a vibrant religious community.

Thank you so much,  Donna,  it was a wonderful afternoon!



Donna in the middle.

And I was quite fascinated by the idea of Reform Judaism of which I was previously unaware.  I read up on it in Wiki.  It seems like a religion I could support.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_Judaism