Tuesday, April 05, 2016

The "new" Vancouver Sun

Well,  overall I'm fairly positive to the new format and really like the fact that subscribers to The Sun now get full digital access to the National Post but the logo by a London-based design firm has to go.  Why get a firm from London, U.K. to do this when I'm sure a local contest inviting subscribers to create a logo that really represents Vancouver would be successful.  Everyday I look at the "Essential California" logo I feel uplifted.  I think I will feel depressed everyday I look at the Vancouver Sun logo.  What were they thinking?

This logo apparently "represents our urban coastal environment in the form of a seawall or waterfront walkway in shades of green".

P.S.  Jim just looked at my blog and commented that he thought it looked like a gallows.



Now,  this is a logo that is  brilliant as far as I'm concerned...from the LA Times "Essential California" digital daily newsletter.