Saturday, March 05, 2016

I just loved this "kitchen" a mother made from cardboard boxes !

My favourite all time toy was a "stove" my father made from four wooden butter boxes.  These were probably about one foot square and were used to transport pounds of butter.  I see they are now a collector's item and for sale on various places on the Internet.

For my stove,  they were stacked up into a square,  old metal jam lids painted black were the stove elements,  and empty thread spools were the stove knobs.  My dishes went into the boxes and I had hooks for cups.  I loved it and cooked while my neighbourhood friends played with my dolls...which I was never very interested in.   Linda,  do you remember that stove?

http://www.boredpanda.com/diy-cardboard-kitchen-recycle-toddler/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BPFacebook