Thursday, February 18, 2016

Fun time with Erna and Marvin at La Tropicale

We always enjoy going to this place,  especially Erna and me for the calamari which is fabulous.  Erna had it with a mango sauce.  I stuck to the usual that comes with a spicy sauce.  The boys had Kobe Beef Sliders.  Very crowded but we got a table.  Everything is packed because of Modernism Week.




The light was such that no photo turned out but I did teach Erna to use chopsticks and she got pretty good at it!   We had cutlery too but for some reason they also gave us chopsticks with our calamari.  I learned to use chopsticks when I was at university and going out for Chinese food with my Japanese friend,  Judy.   We would go with her Chinese friends to the On On Garden where all the menus were in Chinese and no one spoke English and they only had chopsticks as utensils.  We would get a feast for 75 cents each....great for the student budget.