Sunday, February 21, 2016

A little bit of Paris in Palm Springs

Peninsula Pastries,  Palm Springs.

http://www.palmspringslife.com/Palm-Springs-Life/March-2015/A-Case-for-French-pastry/

We should treat ourselves just a little more often to these wonderful goodies and also you get to talk a bit of French to a Parisian but I guess there is still something of the frugal student in me.  That,  I think, and also remembering that a baguette in France cost 12 cents the first time we visited and you could get bread,  a round of Camembert,  and a bottle of wine for less than a dollar.

I do refuse to pay $3,50 US for a croissant.   And they have been out of bread every time I've gone there. They import their flour from France so I was hopeful you might get that very special crust you only seem to get in France.  Voila!  It is that crust!  However,  I paid $2.70 US for a very small baguette (about 1/3 of a normal size).  It was gruyere but still.   It was to die for....

Elaine,  and Susan and Alan....yes...it was like the bread in Carqueiranne!