Friday, December 04, 2015

Wow…what an amazing gallery!

Susan and I went to the Heather James Gallery yesterday to see the Picasso works on exhibit and on sale.  We didn't realize there was an amazing Calder exhibit as well.  I wasn't familiar with his work.  He was working at the same time as Leger and his work is very similar.  Just love the primary colours….perhaps will inspire me to do something myself…so happy and joyous.   We were given a great welcome and we learned that Heather James brings in works on loan to augment the works for sale so the exhibit is very rich.

We also hit the Palm Desert Library, where Susan found me a neat book on Matisse and I found a Barbara Vine I hadn't read (both 50 cents) and Rancho Mirage Library where we took out some Picasso books.

Calder works.







The Picassos….lots of very cool ceramics.