Saturday, December 12, 2015

Friday night dinner at La Tablita

Erna,  Jim and I all went for dinner last night at what is the favourite Mexican restaurant for all of us.  We had a lot of laughs and the food was good as usual except for the paella which we wanted to try but we have come to not expect too much.  I ordered a combination dinner which Jim ate most of along with the paella.  We both started with the tortilla soup which was even better than usual.

 Erna had the very wonderful campechana (seafood cocktail) and took half of it home.  Marvin and her usually share it.  Marvin is in Baltimore this week and the weather there is about what we're getting at the moment….rather coolish 60's but very sunny and blue skies so far today.  We even had some rain yesterday that wasn't predicted and we heard a roll of thunder.

I figured there would be snow on the mountains and just went out to snap some photos.  I haven't gone on Facebook yet but I'm sure Hal and Eric will have posted some great photos.



And now the food!

 My combo (the paella isn't worth a photo….)



Erna's campechana….yum,  but it was a day for hot food for Jim and me.