Saturday, December 26, 2015

First Christmas ever in a restaurant....

The food was very good and the turkey at the carving table was the most flavourful,  moist white meat I have ever had.  There was a huge variety of appy type things including excellent crab cakes with a wonderful remoulade sauce.  I also got the crackling from the ham....yum, yum, yum.  Loads of pies and desserts including an extensive sundae making station.  I stuck to strawberries and profiteroles drenched with hot chocolate sauce and a petit four.

On the down side,  the gravy was awful and service was almost non-existent.  There were a lot of busboys but really no waiter although we were told a waiter would be coming to take our wine order. A busboy finally took it and it arrived.  A little strange considering it was the Hilton but I guess they had a staffing problem.

If we do this again,  we'll go somewhere else I think.  Perhaps Lulu's....you can never go wrong there.  They really have their act together.


More stocking gifts from Richard....Catfé stuff....great!




What Richard got in his stocking.



My usual stack of books from Jim.




Elaine's gift package to us....wow,  lots of wonderful cat and sunflower things.  Just love the glass sunflower to put in the window and the Eiffel Tower Christmas decoration.  I wore the cat socks last night!  Merci beaucoup,  dear friend.



And I gave this to Richard and Jim so they could play chess.  This used to be a Christmas tradition but not chess set down here.