Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Louise Penny's new novel released today on my Kindle


Great thing about a Kindle you can get a new novel immediately when it's released.  Since I got the first 10 novels she wrote from the library,  I think I will be treating myself to her new releases via Kindle.

I am loving it so far and particularly this passage about autumn…also, my favourite time of the year.

"It was mid-September.  Summer was gone and autumn  was on the doorstep.  Leaves were just turning.  Brilliant reds and yellows and amber maples dotted the gardens and forest.  Some leaves had already fallen onto the grass of the village green.  It was the perfect time of year when late summer flowers were still blooming and the leaves were turning,  and the grass was still green,  but the nights were chilly and sweaters were out and fires were beginning to be lit.  So that the hearths at night resembled the forests in the day,  all giddy and bright and cheerful."

And Erna,  you will enjoy the humour as I do!   I expect you're reading it on your Kindle already.

Interesting interview with Time magazine.

http://time.com/3982217/louise-penny-mystery-author-interview/