Monday, August 17, 2015

Christmas in August...

It was a really fun meeting at our ATC group yesterday.   I enjoyed talking to Jo who was telling me of her experiences living in a small village in Spain in the late 60's. Vicki,  who has a place in La Quinta,  and I got talking about the Salton Sea.  She hadn't been out to Bombay Beach and experienced The Ski Inn….a must!   And of course it's always fun to see Susan.

I see Anthony Bourdain visited Bombay Beach and the Ski Inn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCRlWY0qL-0

My treasures from yesterday:



Jo also made us all a "colouring ATC" (bottom left) since it was recently National Colouring Day…neat idea.

And Penelope always brings something of interest.


Who knew you could make cool art with finger and hand prints!  It was really fun to look through this. And then Jo and I got talking about finger painting….so,  the trick is to spray starch the paper so the acrylic paints will move easily and also put a few drops of dish detergent so cleaning up your "fingers" is easier.  I just might give it a try.  I loved finger painting in kindergarten.

And lastly,  my "Ships at Sunset" were a big hit.  I often feel I don't have much to contribute to this group…everyone else is so talented!