Saturday, July 18, 2015

Looking for a very special book….

I wanted to buy a very special book with the gift card Elaine included in my birthday goodies and I found it today on the best seller list:


The beginning of a review in the Toronto Star:

It’s a mighty trick to imbue Paris and the countryside of Provence in southern France with additional magic but Nina George has pulled it off. The German author’s novel The Little Paris Bookshop was originally published in 2013, but is only recently published in English. It became a bestseller in Germany and elsewhere in Europe and has been translated into more than 25 languages. It’s easy to see why.


If you are inclined to be a Francophile, you’ll likely savour this book. If you also love bookstores, fine food, good wine, dare to think about death and believe in the redemptive power of human love, you are quite likely in for a treat. (Oh . . . the experience of profound grief might also make you a candidate. Bring tissues.)
Can't wait for it to arrive!
And then there was still money left so I bought this book bag…newsprint,  New York….one of my favourite cities and I love print newspapers so perfect.  Thanks again,  dear friend!