Friday, June 26, 2015

Not into the ether after all….

I noticed a while ago my photos on my blog from 2002 - 2010 weren't showing.  I have this idea of creating an ebook with photos and photos of my paintings of our time in France and asked Richard if he felt the quality would be ok if I took a photo of the hard copies of photos I have.

 From Richard today,  posted at 1:34 am.  Thank you so much, Richard!  It's really great to have all my blog posts back with the photos.   So nice to have a technical wizard in the family…

Hi Mom,

No need to take new photos of the old photos. The image quality really suffers and there's 3253 of them! I've figured out a better solution.

I repurchased the domain name "whypop.net" and redirected it to a free hosting service where I uploaded all the old images from an old backup that I made back in 2012.

I've tried to check as many of the images as possible. Some of them needed a little fix because they were coded wrong way back when. Just let me know if you see any more broken images and I'll fix them.

While I was going through the photos, I had to laugh at the caption for this selfie from April, 2004. Clearly, it was written before we had the word "selfie."

 

Richard and me taken by holding the camera in front of us. Great thing about digital cameras is you can always take another one if it does't work.

The other day Loryl and I tried to take a selfie which turned out very badly and went directly into the ether.  I think the trick is to have a long arm which neither of us have!