Sunday, June 07, 2015

A beautiful day...

We are both well enough to enjoy this fabulous weather and we are cooled by a sea breeze so "the big heat wave"  has been comfortable so far.  However,  we did get the portable AC  hooked up in our bedroom and fans in place around the rest of the apartment.

We had a great lunch sitting outside at the Red Lion Grill in West Van yesterday.  It was great to be able to actually taste food,  not be coughing,  and I could even talk and have a conversation.  My voice isn't completely back so will probably rest my vocal chords today for the most part.




 I had the shrimp and scallop crepe in a white wine sauce…excellent!


 Jim had a burger…how dull but I did steal steal a couple of fries.


This is the inside of the Red Lion.  We always come here to sit out on the patio and we always reflect that this inside would be a cosy place to have lunch on a rainy day and then we always forget about it.  Maybe we'll remember this year.