Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Lunch with Carol at Burgoo

Carol and I were going to meet at Au Comptoir,  a French Bistro that is getting lots of good reviews but I failed to notice they were closed on Tuesdays.  We ended up at Burgoo Bistro a few doors down and were much more comfortable and the food was excellent.  I see they have quite a few locations.

We always have a lot of laughs and it was good to get away from "sick bay central".  Jim is just having terrible time with this cold/flu.   I hope he gets through his class today without too much trouble.

Something that is dear to both our hearts is the tearing down of all these wonderful houses in Vancouver.    But at least some things are preserved.   Many years ago,  these typical wooden houses on Pacific in the West End were going to be demolished and they were saved.  I'm often driving  by them and love seeing them.  I took a couple of quick photos while stopped at a traffic light but I must take some better photos.