Sunday, April 19, 2015

We did escape the Sun Run...

One of our black leather recliners had a problem and Mobler fixed it for us.  The part was ready so we drove out and also walked through Ikea…always interesting but didn't buy anything.  We did have lunch there.  A first for us.  Jim had the 10 Swedish meatballs and mashed pot and gravy and shared my haddock and chips.  I had a bit of his too.  Very good!

Then,  a bit of a rush for me to get to my Artist Trading Card group but I made it for the trade of cards and picked up lots of good stuff.  And really nice to see everyone and have a good chat with  Susan.   I'll post photos of my goodies tomorrow.

I'm always fascinated by things on a small scale.  These are the furnishings for an apartment of under 600 sq feet. I would say there is more storage space than any house I've lived in.  Now,  our condo in Palm Springs has an incredible amount of storage so that doesn't count. Recently,  micro condos of 385 sq ft sold out in minutes in Vancouver.







This is a little play stove in the kid's section.  Loved it but nothing could compare to the play stove my wonderful father built me out of four wooden cheese boxes stacked in a cube,  lids from paint cans painted black for stove elements,  and empty thread spools for turning the elements.  My absolute favourite toy ever and it didn't cost a cent!





Jim and I both loved the circus tent for kids.



I parked in a different place today and noticed these two bocce courts in Victoria Park and folks speaking Italian.  Jim was very interested and will probably come down with me next month and see if he can play some bocce and speak a bit of Italian.  Always lots of things of interest for him on Commercial Drive anyway.