Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Le Crocodile…wonderful as usual.

We took Richard and Grace out to Le Crocodile last night to thank them for all the work they did clearing out Ian's apartment.  It was a fabulous dinner and a great evening.  They all had the Chef's Tasting Menu and Richard added the foie gras which we all got a bite of.   I felt it was just too much food for me so started with the lobster tempura and scallop appetizer and then the sable fish.  I thought I might have room for dessert as I was very tempted (as always) by the lemon tarte and sorbet but decided to nibble some of Jim's dessert.  I could barely manage that!

$85–Chef’s Tasting Menu

Smoked Albacore Tuna with Seared Golden Scallops
Ginger Sweet Pea Soup
Grilled Asparagus with Saffron Tagliarini Pasta
Fresh Yellow Foot Chanterrelle Mushroom
Confit of Duck Leg, Cariboo Tenderloin and Italian Sausage
served with Truffle Apple Reduction
Champagne and Grapefruit Sorbet
Warm Mango Souffle
Flourless Almond Chocolate Cake and Nougatine Ice Cream


 A few glimpses of the food…too busy savouring to take photos of everything!






 I love these shoestrings….always a "gift"  from the chef.

And always the same ending….we barely had room for these last night.