Sunday, March 08, 2015

Great finds at Ralph's today

I went to Ralph's today because I wanted to get a better selection of Cabs than Trader Joe's has.   I really should go there more often since it's really only about 5 minutes more drive than Von's and they have much more interesting stuff.  Jim has been missing garlic sausage.   There are things down here that are sort of equivalent but the texture is softer than we like.  I did find something at Ralph's that's pretty close and has the right texture.

I also found a baguette that is the closest to the wonderful baguettes we got in Carqueiranne.  I seemed to have missed this in past visits or perhaps I had forever given up on the perfect baguette quest as have Elaine and Susan and Alan….our guests in our villa in Carqueiranne and who know how wonderful the bread was.  Even in France these days,  you don't always get a good baguette.  This small village on the Mediterranean had five bakeries and all excellent.    But things may have changed since 2005 there as well.

Ah yes,  first world problems for sure….the perfect baguette,  garlic sausage,  and a good selection of Cabs.