Sunday, November 09, 2014

Librairies, more books, thrift store, golf stuff, fish and chips….

We hit two more of our local libraries yesterday,  Rancho Mirage and Palm Desert….so just La Quinta left.    Palm Desert had a book sale on….all hardcovers for 50 cents.  These are always like new books so needles to say we found quite a number to buy.   And I got a great book bag from Palm Desert to add to my collection.  This is the first time I've seen them.



The book nook (where they sell used books) was closed but we found out they are having a big sale Wednesday and then Jim just read in the paper College of the Desert is having a big book sale Friday.

I sent an email to the head honcho at Rancho Mirage suggesting they sell book bags.  He replied from his iPad on the weekend….so I'll be getting a bag after all.

"Call me Monday.  I can provide you a strong, well designed bag we distributed at our first Rancho Mirage Writers Festival.  We sold bags years ago, big upfront expense, a trickle of revenue over time.  

Sent from my iPad"

Then to Atlantic Fish and Chips which is always a great deal…$7.50 for one fish,  3 shrimp, 2 zucchini, and chips.  Sadly,  they no longer serve beer.

Dropped into Angel View Thrift shop and Jim got a classy polo shirt for $6 and I got a couple of serving dishes for $2 each.

And lastly to Pete Carlson's to pick up a sand wedge for Jim since he forgot to leave his second one down here.