Thursday, November 13, 2014

All About Books...

This is the name of the newly formed book group at Canyon Sands (our condo complex).  We had our first meeting yesterday and there are about 8 of us and I really enjoyed meeting everyone.  I think it's going to be a fun group!  We've decided to meet once a month to talk about books we're reading or have read,  or going to read…rather than choosing a book that everyone reads.  I like the format.  We're also going to take on various projects…the first one organizing the lending library in the office.

We went to another book sale at Rancho Mirage Library today and picked up a couple of bags of books.  I also picked up my very special Rancho Mirage Writers Festival Book Bag…a real collectable since it's from the very first Festival.  Now,  you may ask how I got this?

Rancho Mirage Library doesn't sell book bags and I really wanted one for my collection of book bags so I emailed the Library Director suggesting they have some made for sale as a fundraiser.  David Bryant replied to my email on the weekend to say the library had tried this but the revenue was minimal and said to phone him Monday.  (Rancho Mirage Library has people donating megabucks to the point that they are going to make build a planetarium on the site so I guess a few dollars aren't worth it. ) When I phoned he said he would provide me with a book bag from the first Writers Festival and he would leave it at the front desk.

I'm thrilled with it!


And while I was out taking a photo of it,  I took of a photo of the cacti Erna planted.  I'm now teasing her that this is a tradition and I will be expecting something planted in my garden every year to welcome us back…



And a photo of our oranges starting to ripen…