Thursday, October 23, 2014

A busy day...

I had a coffee date with Carol yesterday afternoon.  We were going to meet after my class a  couple of weeks ago but my cold interfered with that.  She came here and brought some goodies to die for from the Bon Ton…wow…thank you Carol.  Now I have something fancy for dessert for Kerry when she comes for lunch today.

We had a good chat and nice to talk without "the boys" for once.  I was really thrilled she got an "A" on her first essay in the SFU Liberal Arts Masters and a great comment like "You are a wonderful literary writer."  Wow…congratulations.



The Bon Ton was in business when we were growing up in Vancouver and was known as the best in town.  It was a very rare treat.

Then "Pizza Night" with Derek.  He brought over this great Malbec…Broquel…2012.  Well,  it was his grandson,  Eliot's birthday so a time to celebrate.  Derek and Jim worked on planning their next project while I watched The Pastry Chef on Netflix…seemed appropriate after the Bon Ton treats.