Monday, September 22, 2014

Artist Trading Cards

I'm always interested to see what people take in terms of my cards.  I did a number of original acrylic French Shutter studies and they went quickly…not surprisingly,  the little original paintings usually attract.  What is more interesting is the "prints" of original paintings.  This time I included a number of my first drawings coloured with felt pens that I did in my first art course (Absolute Beginner Drawing)  in 2001.  

What attracted the most people was the "Marmalade Making".  I remember I was inspired by Susan Carr making marmalade from seville oranges and made the drawing first as a practice before I painted it on a wooden tray to give her when we visited in Yorkshire one summer.  This is especially cool since Susan and Alan are coming out to Vancouver the first week of October.  We are so looking forward to their visit!


 8 x 10 felt pens on paper.


 This particular series was the most popular and I must say I liked them the best too.