Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pizza night with Derek

Great fun to see Derek yesterday and after a good visit Jim updated Derek on the open textbook progress.  Great stuff!

Derek was supposed to ask me something from Mary but forgot.  I tracked it down.  Mary wanted some photos of Oscar,  the neighbourhood cat that adopted us for a couple of years in our Victoria home,  because they were thinking of using his lovely grey colour of fur for the stucco on the new house they have bought (and are moving into this week…whew…I know they'll be glad when that's over!)  and the eye colour for the door.  Mary thought the eyes were green but actually they are more of a yellow…also perfect.

From Mary:

I'm not surprised that oscar's eyes are that chartreuse shade that is my favourite--like my bedroom walls.  On the colour wheel the gray counterbalances it; in nature oscar is perfection.