Friday, July 25, 2014

Painting again….thanks to Susan, who is a good sport to try this with me!

I saw this Groupon deal at Raw Canvas…a place in Yaletown where you get tapas and drinks and then go downstairs to paint a canvas….all materials including smock provided.  Sort of like what I saw in Palm Springs only instead of a night where you book and everyone does the same painting under the direction of a teacher,  you do what you want,  when you want.  I like this format better.

I have been avoiding painting partly because I seem to think I should finish some things I started.  Very unlike me…just an excuse.  So,  I have this idea of just doing something quick and what the heck and also using colours not in my usual palette.  Palm Springs is a perfect subject so I laid down an aqua background and next I'll just do things I love about PS in a helter skelter way with no plans to put it on my wall.

I think this will be very freeing and I may do something different for our session at Raw Canvas.

http://www.rawcanvas.com


Stay tuned...