Sunday, June 22, 2014

Making some original ATC's

I've done a series of studies of tulips in three different media.  I don't have a lot of choice but after reading all the media Susan has used in the past week,  I though I'd use what I have.  In the past week,  Susan has created art using pan pastels, gold foil, watercolour crayons,  watercolour pencils,  watercolour paint,  wax crayon rubbings,  acrylic paint,  collage, gelato,  pencil…probably missed some!

Anyway,  I used watercolour pencils,  felt pens,  and acrylic paint…so there!

 Tulip studies with felt pens.


 Tulip studies with acrylics

Tulip studies with watercolour pencils.

Actually…tulips are a south of France thing.  I explain on the back of my ATC:

When one thinks of the south 
of France, poppies, lavender,
sunflowers, olive trees, and
palms come to mind, but the
wonderful little village of
 Carqueiranne on the 
Mediterranean where we spent
3 winters is known for its tulip
fields...wonderful big hardy
tulips with big strong stems.
The city crest has three 
stylized tulips on it.