Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Making an ATC of my first painting ever….

This painting means a lot to me because it was my first ever other than the one we did together in the class I took  "Absolute Beginner Acrylic Painting"…that doesn't count.  I had only taken 3 brushes and about 6 bottles of paint to France.  I didn't have an easel but fashioned one out of a clothes valet.  I wanted to do something special for my very first painting and when I saw some fishermen come in with fish from our apartment window I ran down to the port.  They were fishing from the wooden traditional boats in France called "pointus".  I put these grey fish on a white plate on a white table…way too washed out so just kept adding colour

And now my "Rockfish" which mean so much since it was my first painting.  I wasn't even sure I would end up painting anything in France or anywhere else for that matter!


This is on the back of the ATC:

“Rockfish” on provençale tablecloth”
9 x 12 acrylic on paper.
Painted in Carqueiranne 2002.
This was my very first painting. I thought
I would paint these fish I bought from a 
fisherman before cooking.  I kept adding
colour until I liked the look of it.
 Perhaps there are fish with these colours
somewhere in the Mediterranean!
July/14



It's always interesting to see what people choose at the trade…my "Les Pointus" was "sold out" so I made some more.  Here's "Les Pointus".