Monday, June 02, 2014

ICAD Challenge….Index Card a Day Challenge

Susan got me interested in doing this.  You use index cards because they are cheap and disposable and the idea is to create something every day for 61 days without a lot of fuss.  The person running this gives creative prompts but these do not need to be followed and in fact there is only one rule:  you must use index cards.  Well,  it's just a little too tempting for me to break that rule!  And since I have ATC cards and don't have index cards, that's what I'm going to use.  And I just might get some ATC's for trading out of it!

Here's the link for the challenge.
http://daisyyellowart.com/icad/

A while ago I bought some watercolour markers and some watercolour pencils just to have some other media other than acrylic paint for the ATC's.  I got around to experimenting today with them with this challenge.  I can see lots of potential with the watercolour pencils…very cool medium.   I'm not sure about  the markers.  I made a bit of a mess and applied water to the markers to see what that would do….not so great. (You apply water with a brush to the watercolour pencil and it makes for a neat effect.)

And then I really quite liked the markings on the paper I was using to protect the desk so those have become ATC's!  And then I got the idea to make a couple of ATC's from the styrofoam plate I was using as a palette for my acrylic painting.   I was just about to throw it out and start a new one.

 First experiment with watercolour pencils.


 First experiment with watercolour markers.

 From the paper protecting the desk while using these media.


My styrofoam palette for acrylics