Tuesday, May 27, 2014

As requested….unsuccessful art

I was bugging Susan about not posting some art on her blog for a week and mentioned I had been unsuccessfully trying to do some mid century modern theme ATC's.  so she said to post them anyway.  Well,  I had to dig in the garbage but here they are.  The idea was to do  butterfly design houses in aqua,  orange, and purple.

This wasn't working so then I thought I'd paint the background with these colours and do a line drawing.  I guess I left most of my good pens for that in Palm Springs.   The only decent one I had was a bit too thick.  This idea still might work with a thinner pen.  For the cactus I used a too thin pen that was running out of ink so I kept going over it and made a bit of a mess.  I know…I know…blame your tools.




And Susan posted something she did on her blog…love it!

My friend Janice has reminded me that this month is skipping away without enough art.  I did ride up to Queen Elizabeth Park last week to do some sketching, though.