Monday, March 03, 2014

The Oscars….less of a bore than usual.

I liked the casual approach Ellen took and found the selfies  and pizza a nice break from the formality and glitz and boring speeches.  No,  it wasn't hilarious or brilliant but it provided a diversion that was kind of fun and put a more human face on "the stars".

I didn't think the "heroes" movie footage added anything at all.  I hope they deep six showing bits of old movies.  Of course it could be that it wasn't very well done….pretty badly done actually.

We haven't seen quite a few of these movies…watching too much Netflix I guess.


 Selfies are still rather funny.  Some people would like to see Twitter broken permanently.

Although not as funny as the selfies of Obama and the attractive Danish Prime Minister taken at Nelson Mandela's funeral with Michelle looking on and clearly not amused.  Somehow,  I think Mandela would be amused.