Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day

Wonderfully warm in the desert today…have windows open and fans on at the moment.  It will cool down as the sun goes down then time for our fireplace and will feel cosy and Christmassy.  Had a wonderful swim this morning after present opening.

Don and Elaine spoiled us as usual with wonderful things from Paris and the south of France…thanks so much, guys!  Richard got us a soda making machine which is perfect since we go through a lot of mineral water.  The real advantage is you can have it as fizzy as you like.  And I got my usual stack of books from Jim.  Amazingly,  the first one I saw was a super little book called " A Literary Paris" which has selections of various famous writers writing on Paris.   And I had just opened all the Curlings cool Paris stuff!

And the best gift of all is having Richard with us for Christmas…not to mention that he is taking complete charge of dinner as well!

 Richard working out the timing for dinner.

 I got into mini stuff for gifts this year.

 From Don and Elaine…I can't believe I didn't bring any fridge magnets so these are perfect.

 Our soda maker.

 Paris cushion from Don and Elaine.

 Sunflower coasters….just what we needed as well,  classy Paris bag for Trader Joe shopping (Don and Elaine of course) and my great little book from Jim.

Wonderful selection of books from Jim…I don't know how he does it!