Saturday, November 16, 2013

A new art group!

I really liked Dee's "Poppy Field"…link below:

http://www.deehansen.com/#!Poppy-Field/zoom/c19eh/i0url

And sent her my "Poppyfields" I painted in Carqueiranne in 2005.


She sent me this message:

Janice,
    Thanks for sending the photo of your joyous painting.   It has a  charm just like the poppy fields.   Google Kathy Deggendorfer...Sisters, Oregon artist (there may be only 1 G in her name.) Kathy is the daughter of Gert who heads Columbia Sportswear.
     Her style is whimsical like yours and she has become VERY successful.   Kathy's paintings have been made into quilts, tiles, etc.
     Hope you are going to keep painting and will do some paintings of Palm Springs in this style.   People love joyous whimsical paintings.
      The Coachella Valley Watercolor Society meets on the 2nd Monday of each month....would love to have you come with me...it is 7 p.m. and I am happy to drive. 
       Cheers,
        Dee

So,  I'm going to the meeting….sounds like fun!

Kathy's work is very cool.  I loved this painting called "Sunny Day".