Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Almost sunny

After sun being predicted for days,  it does actually seem like the fog will lift!  It will be nice if we don't have to deal with fog on our drive down to Palm Springs.

Packing up yesterday and then in the afternoon Barbara and her son, David, came for a drink to celebrate the archive being accepted at Uvic.  Barbara is full of so many stories about Otto and he led such a fascinating life that I think Jim's planned biographical sketch will turn out to be much longer.  It certainly is a biography that needs to be written.

Then Richard and Emily brought in wonderful halibut,  chips,  onion rings, and mushy peas from C-Lovers for dinner.  Absolutely delicious!


And we learned that Emily plays the violin so they took my father's violin and we'll look forward to hearing a tune!  It isn't playable at the moment and will need some work.  I enjoyed having the violin up on my parents' old china cabinet but have recently been thinking I would donate it so someone would play it and get some use out of it.   So this is great that Emily will be using it and I know my father would be thrilled about it.