Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mary, this is for you!

We had spent  time in Provence before 2002 but this is when I started painting and noticing things more.  One thing I noticed were these fabulous wrought iron bell towers on the churches.  I have done a number of paintings on paper and also on furniture of these.  Mary was very attracted to these as well...perhaps because she has a collection of cowbells...some link I think.  I noticed one of the themes for the October Artist Trading Cards is "Sky and the colour blue" so I thought I would create some bell towers or "campaniles" as they call them in France.

In 2002 I found a wonderful book in the Carqueiranne library called "Provence des Campaniles" and we tried to get a copy during our travels at that time...no luck anywhere.  I loved this book so much I did briefly consider telling the Carqueiranne library that I "lost" it and pay the charge but knowing they probably couldn't replace it I just didn't feel right depriving people of enjoying this book from the library.  Some time later after we returned to Canada Jim surprised me by finding it on ABE...wow...what a present!

So,  these are my latest ATC's...

 My wonderful book on the table I painted with a campanile design....the table an Oak Bay Dump snag by our neighbour,  Chris.

Latest ATC's....les campaniles de Provence.