Sunday, July 07, 2013

And the livin' is easy....


A warm balmy night and perfect to sit out in Dick and Susan's lovely garden and enjoy steaks cooked to perfection (well,  ours and Susan's were...Dick likes his well done :)  by Dick and local raspberries (best I've had in a long time) and ice cream.  Good conversation, good wine,  good food,  good weather....does it get any better than this?

Susan does wonderful paper art and has inspired me to make up ATC's (Art Trading Cards) to exchange with other artists at their monthly swap.  It's a group she belongs to and sounds like fun.   She showed me ones she has made and also ones she has collected.  Just an amazing variety of imagination and ideas....wow!

Susan's art blog:

http://passionforpaper-passionforpaper.blogspot.ca

An ATC is a miniature, original piece of art with only two rules:
- the size must be 2 1/2" by 3 1/2 "
- it must be traded, never sold.

Swiss artist m.vanci stirnemann  is hailed as the father of ATCs.  Inspired by sports trading cards, he created and showcased 1,2000 works of art in this format at a Zurich gallery.  He refused to sell the cards,  but offered to swap with anyone who brought in a similar size art piece and...a movement was born.

I just love this idea and I have a start....I have painted my favourite and signature Cerulean Blue for a background.   Now...to paint...?