Saturday, May 04, 2013

Treasures

Well,  the lovely person who bought our house is a treasure!  We met her the other day and she just absolutely loves and appreciates our house...that means so much to us because we have loved our house as well.  And a real bonus is that she wants all of our heavy furniture that we can't use since her plan is to take in students.  This makes it sooo much easier for us and we will be able to enjoy our house as it is and not worry about having to get rid of stuff.  Two days dealing with the Craigslist crowd makes us realize how valuable this is.

And while cleaning through stuff I found a card with a letter that my mother wrote!  When my parents retired to Gabriola Island my mother wrote me every week...it was really kind of like a blog.  I wrote her and my Dad most weeks myself.  But these letters seemed so ordinary they got chucked out with the newspapers.  In recent years I've often said I just wished I had one of these little notes.  And now I do.  It will give me strength while sorting through all this stuff.

And another thing that is so cool is new owner of our house was happy to take Jim's beloved leather bound Encyclopedia Britannicas.   I'm not even sure you could get rid of these free on Craigslist.  She has a four year old granddaughter that she feels will love them.