Monday, May 27, 2013

My new camera...!

Yes,  Don,  I finally did it...bought my camera!  It's one of those newly released Canon Rebel Eos SL1 that is more lightweight than the others.  Not as lightweight as my iPhone or my first digital camera that was a "keychain" camera I bought while waiting for the train in Paris.  Those two were always with me.  This one won't be obviously but I am looking forward to learning how to take better photos.

Even though we're both pretty tired today I picked up the Spring program guide for the three local community centres  as I was renewing our Residents Only parking permit and saw that at Barclay Manor (great old heritage house a few blocks away...super place for a community centre) is offering a free course for Seniors on using your DSLR camera starting this Wed and going to June 26.  Too good an opportunity to miss!

 This was quite an amazing sunset but the iPhone doesn't really capture it.



I don't even know how to put on the camera strap.  Richard and Emily are coming over tonight so they'll get me sorted out.