Sunday, May 12, 2013

A working Mother's Day...

I wanted to work today on the packing, cleaning, etc. because we were so close to pretty much doing everything we can until closer to moving day.  Jim worked like a trojan and did all the dirty work.   I got all paintings and posters in one small and one large picture box and some other smaller stuff that needed doing.  So,  we've pretty much done it!

And to make the day especially perfect,  my wonderful son called me and he and Emily will make a special brunch for us when the dust settles and we are in Vancouver.   I was really pleased to hear they were taking a break this weekend and having a get-a-way at Harrison Hot Springs.  They have both really been working hard so it was a great present to me to think they had some well deserved relaxation.

Jim and I also worked very hard in our working lives but also took mini-breaks.  It's so important for mental health and the relationship.  Seems to have worked well for us....this Saturday we will be celebrating our 45th Wedding Anniversary!  We plan to celebrate with dinner at the Marina Restaurant as we have so very often done during our 42 years in Victoria.

And they've got their famous chef back so all looks good...