Friday, March 15, 2013

Good friends and old haunts

Elaine and I had lunch at the Oak Bay Baan Thai...first time for both of us and we were very impressed.  Great value for lunch that's for sure.  And finally,  after having to cancel just before Christmas because I had that wretched virus we got together with Carole and Don and Fern and John.   It was great fun and  Carole made these amazing meat pies for dinner...wow!

Jim and I went to the University Club Wednesday and Jim had the International Buffet option which was pasta...some very yummy things like lamb lasagna and smoked trout linguine etc.  I just can't eat much pasta so I tried the tempera haddock and chips...excellent.

Looking forward to dining on their wonderful patio in the Spring.

University Club  -  Painting by Robert Amos

And Mary and I got to the Snug at the Oak Bay Beach.  It's just an amazing hotel now and love the views from the new Snug but they really do have to get their act together to offer more than just ok food given that they are now probably considered a 5 star hotel.