Sunday, December 16, 2012

What lost is found....

I was really thrilled to come across my bag with our maps in it.  I had given it up for lost in the shuffle.  No big deal to buy another map but lots of sentimental value since these were the maps we used to travel around with.  And thanks to Elaine I have at least local maps of Bandol and Carqueiranne.   When they were with us in France she is the one who had the suggestion of picking up local maps at the tourist bureau.  I suppose I have a few more around somewhere or other for other places but usually we have a guidebook and use that.  They do make great souvenirs and perhaps the ones I have are even more special just because I don't have them from all the places we've been.





 X marks the Hotel Splendid where we always stayed in Bandol.


X on the water marks our apartment on the port where we stayed in 2002 & 2003 and where we hosted Maureen and Roland.
X a little further in marks our wonderful villa where we stayed in 2005 and hosted Don and Elaine and Susan and Alan.