Saturday, December 29, 2012

First post from my new MacBook Air...you'll be proud, Richard

Richard spent a long time on Boxing Day and yesterday getting my new computer set up and getting all our gadgets synched and working together.  What would we do without this wonderful guy!  Thank you thank you thank you, Richard.

Not an easy task for many reasons not least of which I have a very random (i.e. non-existent) filing system for my computer files so as Richard said  it was rather like solving numerous chess problems to know how to go about it.   In the past when I changed computers,  I did so because my computer crashed and I didn't have a back up so that took care of organizing files...there were none!

My good friend, Patty, will LOL at this as we shared a classroom for a while and also organized an Open House Canada Exchange.  This means lots of essential and important papers come from the government.  I started putting them in various drawers, on a shelf, throwing them loosely in the file cabinet, or wherever.  I arrived to school one day to find a file folder labelled "Janice, ne touche pas!"   Henceforth,  I was not allowed to open any official government mail about the exchange or even touch the contents of the file folder where Patty filed it all away very neatly.
P.S. to Patty...are you still in the land of the living after hosting 18 people for Christmas dinner and out of town guests?

I am now not allowed to use iPhoto on my old computer because synching is a nightmare apparently if I do.  So, Richard has done something similar to "Ne touche pas, Janice!"...he's taken it away...or put it where I can't find it.

I am loving my new computer but it will take a while to get used to it since I'm going up "several generations" as Richard says.  But,  wow...some amazing features like I take photos on my iPhone and they appear on my computer magically without actually physically uploading them.  They are also on our TV!

Ok...now to upload some photos...I hope...

 Chris brought out this golf Rubik's cube at Christmas.  Somehow,  Richard managed to solve it along with everything else.  Perhaps it was child's play compared to dealing with my computer mess!


 My new Macbook Air...love it!


Jim's new iPad mini with a wireless keyboard.  I don't think he'll need another computer with this set up.  And yeah...I get the old iPad to myself now that Richard has got Jim set up with everything on the mini.