Saturday, December 01, 2012

Advent calendars and tree tops....

We had a lot of fun with advent calendars over the years....sorry Richard isn't here to change the dates or open the little doors for the chocolate.   I bought this one at Whistler  when we were on one of our pre Christmas ski trips with Don and Elaine.   In all the shuffle between moving the decorations to and back from Vancouver I lost the little Santa that travelled along the dates so I decided to have things that were reminders of Richard....last year a pirate (how many times did we go on Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland..!) and this year a saxaphone...next year...?


And then I read about this gigantic Lego Advent Calendar they have just installed in Covent Garden this year....cool!  Lego has pretty much played a part in most Christmases too.



I have had the usual things at the top of the Christmas tree like stars and angels but when those broke  or didn't work anymore I decided to have other things (although Elaine wasn't impressed with my mouse one year....at least it had a red ribbon around its neck...).  Last year I had a peacock and then when I was in Jennings Florist recently I saw a red cardinal so he is keeping him company this year.