Thursday, November 29, 2012

The one minute Christmas tree...

I brought up my tree today which was all decorated, lighted,  and ready to go.  Took a minute...I love it!

I've always found it fun to put up the other Christmas things like my village but the tree always seemed a hassle somehow...many memories of problems getting a live tree in a stand so it wouldn't fall down,  problems with lights, etc.  Not terribly designed to get you in the Christmas spirit!

Donna,  one of our servers at the Grand Pacific,  got me into doing Christmas decorations on the early side.  Why not enjoy them for longer....indeed,  why not?  And the smaller tree makes it possible since it doesn't disrupt the living room at all.

P.S.  Jim just said we should have been doing this for the last century.
P.P.S.  And our $300 rebate from Fortis for installing the gas fire place just arrived in the mail...this is beginning to really feel like Christmas!  And the sun is shining when I believe rain was predicted...


And speaking of the Grand Pacific,  they have a new lunch menu and we had a fabulous seafood pizza the week before and this week this very different and special clam chowder...made to order with clams in the shell and a wonderful,  not gloopy, base.  FABULOUS!