Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Our hearts go out

Our hearts go out to everyone affected by this terrible storm.  There is a very special place in my heart for the people in NYC who must be among the best people in the world I think.

 I like to tell this story about our first day in NYC the last time we were in NYC (1994) because it sums up the people there.  It was pouring rain and we were taking a bus to Columbia University and of course we had no change and hadn't even thought about it.  A woman at the front of the bus brought out a purse full of change she carries around with her to help people in this situation.  Yep....that's New Yorkers for you.

I've posted some photos from that trip and hope people in NYC get back to enjoying these places soon.  I don't think we need any more disaster photos....

 The Bryant Park Reading Room...part of the New York Public Library.  They have books on trolleys you can check out.



 I went to see the Henry Moore sculptures at Lincoln Center and lucked into a free concert!


 Oscar Wilde Bookstore.

 Cherry blossoms and toy boats in Central Park.


Outside the Metropolitan Art Museum.  Reminded me of the bouquinistes along the Seine in Paris.