Sunday, July 22, 2012

Magic!

From John today:

"I  just noticed this photograph on your blog. It's actually a very nice picture. I enlarged it a bit and put a painterish filter on it to clear up the artifacts. I'll bring a print over."


I posted this old photo on by blog recently, taken at the Hotel Splendid in France in 1976 at breakfast on the terasse with Jim, Robert (Monique's father), Monique, and Jacqueline Monique's mother).  This was taken with a half frame slide camera, the slide converted (rather poorly) to a photo print, then the print scanned and posted into my blog.  Quite a few unprofessional transformations.

I love what John has done to it!  Perhaps this is a new profession for people....transforming old fuzzy photos into "paintings"...

* I look forward to seeing John's print as it isn't showing as well on my blog.


 Old photo.