Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fern and Carole come to visit!

Fern and Carole came over from Victoria and it was great to see them and show them our digs in Vancouver.  Fern brought her yummy cheese appy dish with tomato chutney and Carole bought me some wonderful local strawberries when we were at Granville Island.  The weather wasn't great but at least it didn't rain and it didn't matter anyway...it was just so super to be together.

Carole used to come in for summer holidays at The Sylvia and remembers the house beside us here.  I wonder how many people in who live in Vancouver,  have lived in Vancouver, visited Vancouver have commented "Wouldn't it be great to own that house!"    I think the numbers would be very high.  I see people every day stare in wonderment.

Jim went to UBC to some some research for the day and took Car2Go.  Picked one up on Pendrell here and they have a designated drop off at the bus loop at UBC and he had no trouble picking one up for the way home.  And all on free minutes!  We got another 90 free minutes at the booth at the Jazz Fest.  It seems members are welcome to take advantage of all promotions.  We're planning on going to Canada Day celebrations and I'll be they'll be there, then they will definitely be at the fireworks....I love this company!

 Good for Fern for using the timer feature on her camera.
 Took the little ferry to Granville Island.


 The red fish are "rougets" and we often have them in the south of France.  I've never seen them here.  I'll have to get a recipe or two in case I see them again.


These were so good on our cereal this morning.