Saturday, June 30, 2012

Couple of good movies lately


We were interested in seeing this because it looked pretty interesting and we enjoy Judi Dench and Maggie Smith but we were prepared for it to be a bit corny.  Actually,  not at all,  it had some depth and was great fun to watch and of course the colours and sights and scenery were spectacular.





Well, Sarah Polley seems to have done it again and created quite the movie with Take This Waltz.
It was cool to see Toronto and the beach and I loved the funky settings with all the primary colours and a man actually cooking great food in copper pots...wow!  Visually,  wonderful for me.  Michelle Williams was amazing as usual.  It's hard to believe it's the same actress that  played "Marilyn".   I thought it was quite a wonderful, sensitive portrayal of a woman who falls in love with another man even though there's nothing much wrong with her husband.

I found the last 10 minutes or so odd and didn't quite see the point unless Polley is trying to not alienate the "morally uprightous"...I wouldn't have thought that was important to her.  I'm sure Polley will be asked about the last part.  Her answer will be interesting.

Well,  I do have to clarify something...the actual very last scene is perfect.