Friday, April 20, 2012

Back to painting...

I started painting again the other day and am working on three paintings I had started quite a while ago.  I like to have 2 or 3 or the go so I can work on something else while something is drying.  I get impatient even though acrylic dry quickly.  I don't think I could ever work with oils.

 This one is of our "Paradise Beach"....now if I can just manage to paint in all the things I want....


This one will be of the Resort Course at Taquitz.   I've pretty much given up trying to capture these wonderful San Jacinto Mountains but the Resort Course has all sorts of palm trees and cacti and that should cover up a lot if I can just manage to get these right or some facsimile.

The last one is of the Sylvia Hotel and of course that presents many problems for me.  At the moment it's a bit of a real mess but I haven't given up yet.  I did want to include the tall apartments beside it but that seems impossible for me so I've painted over that.  My salvation (I hope) will be to hide flaws and shortcomings with trees in front....worked with my Notre Dame painting...