Thursday, December 22, 2011

First Christmas as a Blogger



Not much interesting is happening at the moment so I was wondering what to post on my blog today.  I figured I really needed to find something since I told Donna recently that her readers were missing her blog and she didn't really have to be doing interesting things...just look around and dream something up.  That's part of the fun!  So I thought I would look at what I was blogging for my first Christmas as a blogger.  It was fun to go back and of course we were geared up for Jim's teaching gig in the south of France.

 

 Friday, December 20, 2002


We're all booked for France...flights, car, apartment. We decided to go back to our apartment in the port of Carqueiranne. I'm thinking of that wonderful fresh fish I bought off the fishboats already...who knows...perhaps this time when I paint them they won't turn out red, blue, and yellow!
So, we'll be seeing this sign quite a bit very soon.

Wednesday, December 25, 2002


Merry Christmas everyone! Just taking a little break...turkey's cooked, gravy is made, Richard did the vegetables. Jim and Richard are having their Christmas chess game. Our very dear friends, Don and Elaine, will arrive in about an hour. We're all really looking forward to having a quiet Christmas together and remembering family, friends, and being thankful for being so blessed.

Tuesday, December 31, 2002


Happy New Year to everyone!

For the next while I've decided to post some of my first drawings that were inspired by la belle France and also the letters I wrote last winter when we were in Provence. I've been typing them up and it's really fun for me to read about these thing I've partly forgotten already.