Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas is here at home

It was fun getting the decorations up yesterday and I'm glad we've always tried to keep Christmas quite simple since it was always a busy time of year teaching. And yet so many of our decorations are things we've picked up travelling or from from friends so they have a lot of meaning for us. I love our new little tree (our last one bit the dust in Vancouver while we were trying to stuff it fully decorated into our storage locker). This one is a little bigger and just perfect for our smallish living room but should store nicely in the basement all decorated for next year.

My new decoration this year is a peacock and I've placed it at the top of the tree. I like to change what I put there. Elaine wasn't too impressed with the mouse I put there one year...