Sunday, September 04, 2011

Holiday weekend excitement

On Friday, Fern and Carole and I went for lunch at Uplands and it was so great sitting outside watching the golfers. And we saw Jim in his group and I got a little video of him playing. Fern and John are soon heading on a trip to Spain and Morocco and Carole and Don are heading to Turkey. Will look forward to hearing all about the trips and seeing the photos. Bon Voyage mes amis!





Saturday began pleasantly with Tim over for a drink before we headed out to lunch then a wasp attacked me and I had a very bad reaction with my leg swelling up very quickly. This is unusual for me so figured I better head to emergency. So, off we all went and I was treated pretty much immediately and told Jim and Tim to head off for their lunch.

I was released about three hours later then at home began to become very hoarse and lose my voice. So, I googled "hoarseness and wasp bites" and brought up "possibly the beginning of an anaphylatic reaction, call 911"... so Jim took me back to emergency. It didn't develop into a fully developed one probably because I got the adrenalin so quickly with the first incident. They settled it down with prednisone and some great looking pink stuff that tasted awful to numb my mouth and passages to the stomach. The staff ironically called this vile tasting drink the "pink lady"! And they figured I should have an Epipen in case of future incidents.

I'm glad we've been taking advantage of being outside since I don't think I'll be quite so keen until these wretched wasps have left the premises.