Saturday, September 10, 2011

Goodbye to my ocean and taste of France...

After I started painting I became very enthusiastic and wanted everyone to share in the fun. So...I painted an "ocean" in my basement and various things I loved from France on my walls. I got my friends to contribute to the ocean...it was tremendous fun!

But all good things must come to an end and I'm having it all painted over with neutral colours. Quite a job for the painters as much of the paint is glossy and needs to be sanded, two coats of primer and two coats of finish. Glad I'm not doing it...creating it with my friends was a lot more fun! The painters started to do some sanding already of the Moulin Rouge and Sacre Coeur so figured I better get some photos.


Sacre Coeur by moi looking a little worse for wear by sanding.


Killer Whale by Richard (rubber ducky by moi...)


Dolphins and otter by moi.


View from our favourite room at the Hotel Splendid, Bandol.


Tidepool by Carole who got me into painting in the first place!


British Octopus by Nin.


Fish by Fern.


Crab by Patty.


Jim's contribution


Walrus and the Carpenter by moi.


Mermaid by Marnie.


Treasure Chest by Annette.


Seahorse by Barbara


Shipwreck by Trish.


Seabirds by moi.


Lighthouse by moi.


Deux Chevaux by moi.


Moulin Rouge by moi.



Penquins by moi.